Trims and Pricing*
The 2016 Toyota Tundra comes in six rugged trims:
- SR – Starting at $29,140
- SR5 – Starting at $30,950
- Limited – Starting at $38,670
- Platinum – Starting at $46,530
- 1794 Edition – Starting at $46,530
- TRD Pro – Starting at $42,945
Powertrains and MPG
The 2016 Toyota Tundra has available two engines:
- 4.6L Aluminum i-FORCE V8 DOHC 32-valve with Dual Independent VVT-i engine – This engine option comes standard on the SR double cab and all SR5 trims and is able to provide as much as 310 hp and 327 lb-ft of torque. For the two-wheel drive models mileage comes in at around 15 mpg city and 19 mpg highway while the four-wheel drive models get as much as 14 mpg city and 18 mpg highway.
- 5.7L Aluminum i-FORCE V8 DOHC 32-valve with ACIS and VVT-i – This engine option is standard for regular cab, Limited, Platinum, 1794, and TRD Pro models and can get as high as 381 hp and 401 lb-ft of torque. EPA estimated fuel economy for the two-wheel drive option comes in at 13 mpg city and 18 mpg highway while the four-wheel drive comes in at 13 mpg city and 17 mpg highway.
With the powerful engine on the 2016 Toyota Tundra, it only makes sense that it would be a natural in performance. Thanks to the engine options, a six-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission (CVT) with Intelligence, and two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive drivetrains the Tundra is able to gracefully reach intense levels of power in short periods of time. So fast that the Tundra can go zero to 60 mph in a quick 6.8 seconds. All this potential power also makes the 2016 Tundra a great towing machine. The 4.6L engine can tow as much as 6,800 pounds and the 5.7L engine can tow as much as 10,500 pounds.
Comfort and Convenience
Don’t let the rugged exterior and intense performance fool you, the 2016 Toyota Tundra is full of comfort and convenience enhancing features that even the toughest of drivers will love. A quick glimpse at the extensive list of features introduces us to things like:
- Automatic dual-zone climate control with dust and pollen air filter
- Entune Audio Plus with Connected Navigation App
- 40/20/40 fabric-trimmed split fold-down bench seat
- Heavy-duty all-weather flooring and floor mats
- Urethane tilt four-spoke steering wheel with audio, Bluetooth handsfree phone, voice command controls, and column shifter
- Rear under-seat storage compartment
Going on fun off-roading adventures doesn’t have to be dangerous with the 2016 Toyota Tundra. In fact, the Tundra comes outfitted with plenty of helpful and safety increasing features that help protect its passengers. Some of these features include:
- Start Safety System
- Driver and front outboard passenger Advanced Airbag System
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Trailer Sway Control
- Anti-theft system with engine immobilizer
Want to know what others have to say about the 2016 Toyota Tundra? We’ve compiled a list of reviews from actual owners to give you an insight on how much there is to love about the Tundra.
- “This is a spacious and smooth driving vehicle. Room enough in the back seat to fit three medium to large children with comfort.” – Edmunds.com
- “If you can get one, buy it! These are built for the serious off roader.” – Edmunds.com
- “This is without a doubt the most luxurious thing I have ever owned…or been in. Seriously. This thing is on par with my wife’s Range Rover. Actually…with the air-conditioned seats (which the RR doesn’t have) it is in my opinion more luxurious.” – Edmunds.com
- “The performance is great. It’s comfortable and luxurious, hauls building materials, furniture, great in the snow and it tows my 25-foot camper like it’s not there.” – Edmunds.com
Find out Why Everyone’s Raving About the 2016 Toyota Tundra
We’re sure that by this point many drivers from Lexington and Orangeburg are ready to finally get their hands of the 2016 Toyota Tundra. If you’re one of those people stop by Dick Dyer Toyota at 240 Killian Commons Parkway or give us a call at 803-786-4111 to schedule the best test drive you’ll ever take.