It seems like Toyota’s 2016 resolution was to improve a vehicle that’s already beloved around Orangeburg and the surrounding communities. The 2016 Toyota Prius introduces a host of improvements across six trim levels:
- Two – On the outside, the Two comes with LED headlights and taillights as well as an active grille shutter. Its interior comes packed with 4.2-inch color dual Multi-Informational display, a rearview camera, automatic climate control, and much more.
- Two Eco – The Eco Two comes with similar features as the Two, but is geared toward efficiency, coming equipped with ultra-low-rolling-resistance tires, a lighter lithium-ion battery, and a lightweight inflation kit in lieu of a spare tire.
- Three – As part of an options package, the Three comes with features such as the Toyota Entune premium infotainment system with 7-inch touchscreen, a navigation system, satellite radio, and more.
- Three Touring – This baby brightens up I-26 with the standard-to-all-models LED daytime running lights, and adds something a little special with integrated fog lights and LED accent lights. The Three Touring also comes with 17.5-inch five-spoke alloy wheels, as well as even more tech features like Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging.
- Four – The Four adds a blind spot monitor, heated front seats, leatherette upholstery, and rear cross-traffic alert, adding additional comfort and safety features.
- Four Touring – The Four Touring is similar to the Four, but adds Toyota Safety Sense, which includes a pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, lane departure alert with steering assist, auto high beams, and dynamic radar cruise control.
Under the Hood
The 2016 Toyota Prius comes equipped with a 1.8L 4-cylinder engine that can achieve 54 mpg city and 50 mpg highway* — and if you opt for the Two Eco model, you can achieve up to 58 mpg city and 53 mpg highway.** Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive — the technology which allows for the dual electric motors along with the 1.8L engine — allows the vehicle to produce up to 121 hp, giving Lexington drivers all the power they need in a daily driver.
Standard equipment includes:
- Dual 4.2-inch customizable info-centers that can show you real-time driving date, in addition to providing tips on how to drive more efficiently.
- Entune Premium Audio comes with integrated navigation and an app suite to help you find your way and access your apps while you travel there.
- Bluetooth capability to wirelessly take and make calls.
- Steering wheel-mounted audio controls make it easy to control your media experience with ease.
- Smart-flow climate control allows you to determine the ideal temperature of the cabin.
Optional features include:
- Moonroof – Let the outside in and enjoy some fresh air with the touch of a button.
- Advanced Technology package – Includes Toyota Safety Sense and full-speed cruise control.
- Premium Convenience package – Includes 7-inch touchscreen, navigation, Entune 10-speaker JBL audio.
Test Drive a 2016 Prius in Columbia, SC Today
All of us at Dick Dyer Toyota in Columbia, SC are dedicated to the satisfaction of our customers. With our Lifetime Warranty and Dick Dyer Advantage, we proudly serve drivers from Lexington, Blythewood, Orangeburg, and the surrounding communities.
* 2016 EPA-estimated 54 city/50 highway 52 combined mpg for Prius. Actual mileage will vary.
** 2016 EPA-estimated 58 city/53 highway/56 combined mpg for Prius Two Eco. Actual mileage will vary.