The 2016 Toyota Highlander stays closely tied to the setup of the 2015 model, with the bonus of a couple game-changing upgrades. Since the 2015 model was able to pack so many features and so much power into one vehicle, the 2016 model follows in its footsteps to provide drivers with the features they know and love along with a couple new ones.
The 2016 model comes standard with a towing package that gives the V6 engines the power to tow up to 5,000 pounds – a feature which was only optional on the previous model. The 2016 Toyota Highlander shows that the success of a new vehicle model doesn’t rely solely on a complete overhaul, but more in staying with what works and tweaking the rest.
Trims and Pricing*
The 2016 Toyota Highlander is available in five stylish, colorful options. The available trim include:
- 2016 Toyota Highlander LE – Starting at $30,490
- 2016 Toyota Highlander LE Plus – Starting at $34,395
- 2016 Toyota Highlander XLE – Starting at $37,315
- 2016 Toyota Highlander Limited – Starting at $40,195
- 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited – Starting at $47,870
Powertrains and MPG
The 2016 Toyota Highlander has three engine types – two gas and one hybrid, that will vary based on the trim. The available engines are as follows:
- 2.7L 4-Cylinder DOHC VVT-i – This base engine option comes standard on the LE trim and provides drivers with up to 185 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque. This engine option also gets fuel economy as good as 20 mpg city and 25 mpg highway, making it a fuel efficient, yet powerful machine.
- 3.5L V6 DOHC VVT-i – This turbocharged engine option is standard on the LE Plus, XLE, and Limited trims and boasts an impressive 270 hp and 248 lb-ft of torque. Matched with fuel economy as good as 18 mpg city and 24 mpg highway this engine option is ideal for anyone looking for an extra jolt of power without sacrificing efficiency.
- 3.5L V6 DOHC VVT-i Hybrid engine – Along with two amazing gasoline engine options, the 2016 Toyota Highlander also offers a hybrid engine for those looking to get the best possible efficiency. With EV and ECO modes alongside an excellent EPA estimated mileage of 27 mpg city and 28 mpg highway, that’s exactly what the Highlander provides.
The interior of the 2016 Toyota Highlander is one that is sure to please Lexington and Orangeburg drivers looking for a comfortable and spacious ride. Some of the features that contribute to the Highlander’s ability to reach this standard are:
- Silencing insulation materials – Providing a quiet ride, no matter the location or destination.
- 60/40 split third row seats – Lay down the rear seats of your Highlander to experience as much as 83.7 cubic feet of cargo space.
- Blu-ray Disc rear seat entertainment system – Entertaining second and third row passengers has never been easier thanks to this easily accessible 9-inch entertainment system.
Safety is a top concern for many families in the Columbia and Blythewood areas, but it doesn’t have to be anymore thanks to the 2016 Toyota Highlander. The Highlander shows it is ready to protect its passengers to the fullest by providing an extensive list of safety features to owners. Available features such as the Star Safety System, whiplash-injury-lessening seats, hill start assist, tire pressure monitoring, energy-absorbing crumple zones, and side-impact door beams ensure that you’re in good hands each time you enter the 2016 Toyota Highlander.
Along with the interior and safety features, the 2016 Toyota Highlander also provides a multitude of other features meant specifically to enhance the experience of owning a Highlander. From comfort to convenience to appearance this new Toyota vehicle makes sure to cover all of its bases well. Just a few of the enticing features that are offered in the Toyota Highlander include:
- Heated power side mirrors with turn signal indicators and folding capability
- Power tilt and slide moonroof with sunshade and jam protection
- Windshield wiper de-icer
- Chromtec roof rails
- Adjustable power lift gate with jam protection
- Three-zone automatic climate control with a separate second-row control panel
- Backup camera with dynamic guidelines
- Entune Audio Multimedia Bundle
Experience the 2016 Toyota Highlander Today
Ready to get behind the wheel of your very own 2016 Toyota Highlander? Lexington and Blythewood drivers visit Dick Dyer Toyota at 240 Killian Commons Parkway in Columbia SC or call 803-786-4111 to schedule a test drive and learn more about the Dick Dyer Advantage and Lifetime Warranty today.