There aren’t too many big changes for the 2016 model year of the Toyota Avalon, but the ones that have come this year are pretty exciting. Lexington drivers who opt for the top-of-the-line Touring trim, for example, you’ll now get better handling and responsiveness thanks to a new sport-tuned suspension. There’s a bit of a change to the trim lineup, too, with the elimination of the Touring Sport and the addition of an XLE Plus trim to the mix.
Performance and Fuel Economy
No matter which version of the 2016 Toyota Avalon you choose, you’ll get a 3.5L V6 engine matched with a six-speed automatic transmission. Output is measured at 268 hp and 248 lb-ft of torque; according to Edmunds, that’s enough to move the Avalon from 0 to 60 mph in only 6.4 seconds. In spite of that robust output, this full-size sedan still gets a very respectable EPA-estimated 31 mpg highway and 21 mpg city.* The available sport-tuned suspension gives an added kick to the driving experience, while the quiet and compliant riding experience is sure to please drivers and passengers alike.
Trims and Features
No matter which trim level you choose, you can expect luxury refinement across the line:
- XLE – Riding on 17-inch alloy wheels, the base trim gets off on the right foot with premium features like leather upholstery, a steering wheel wrapped in leather, heated and power-adjustable front seats, and power lumbar support. Adding to the refinement is a plethora of standard tech, including Bluetooth phone and audio and a seven-inch Entune touchscreen interface with satellite radio, HD Radio, and Siri Eyes Free voice-activated controls.
- XLE Plus – The biggest perks of the XLE Plus trim are the addition of a power folding moonroof and a rearview mirror that dims automatically based on the lighting conditions around you.
- XLE Premium – The XLE Premium trim gets a bigger audio system, more driver settings, a hard-drive-based navigation system, a wireless smartphone charging station, and the ability to use your favorite smartphone apps on your touchscreen. It also comes equipped with a suite of driver-assist safety features.
- XLE Touring – The Touring trim gives you superior performance thanks to firmer tuning on the suspension and larger 18-inch alloy wheels. It also gives you added visibility thanks to LED headlamps and taillights, as well as an exclusive cabin trim design.
- Limited – At the top of the lineup, the Limited benefits from even more luxurious leather upholstery and ventilated front seats for added comfort. It also comes with heated rear seats, a rear sunshade, and a tri-zone climate control system to give ultimate comfort for those in back. Topping it off are an 11-speaker JBL stereo system, xenon headlights, and a Safety Connect telematics system discussed in the safety section below.
The 2016 Toyota Avalon is equipped with a range of advanced safety features to keep Orangeburg drivers alert and everyone safe. Here’s a look at some of the most advanced safety tech on offer:
- Blind Spot Monitoring – If you opt for the XLE Premium model or above, you’ll get a blind spot monitoring system with rear cross traffic alerts, which uses advanced sensors to detect when there’s an object or vehicle you can’t see and warns you before you make a move.
- Safety Connect – This advanced telematics system comes with automatic crash notification, emergency roadside assistance, and stolen vehicle locater functionality.
- Toyota Safety Sense – If you go with the top-of-the-line Limited trim, you’ll have the option of this advanced safety package, which includes forward collision warning and mitigation as well as a lane keep assist features.
Blythewood can enjoy the many benefits of the 2016 Toyota Avalon without having to pay too much:
- XLE – MSRP from $32,650**
- XLE Plus – MSRP from $34,400**
- XLE Premium – MSRP from $35,850**
- XLE Touring – MSRP from $37,050**
- Limited – MSRP from $40,450**
Find the 2016 Toyota Avalon Today at Dick Dyer Toyota
If you like the idea of enjoying the benefits of luxury, performance, and reliability on the road, then the 2016 Toyota Avalon should be at the top of your list. Find the newest version of Toyota’s full-size sedan today at Dick Dyer Toyota at 240 Killian Commons Parkway in Columbia, SC. We proudly serve drivers in Lexington, Blythewood, and Orangeburg. If you’ve got questions, get in touch online or give us a ring at 803-786-4111.